[clug] Ubuntu fstab problem

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Tue Mar 10 03:45:12 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 02:09:18PM +1100, Ian Bardsley wrote:
> I have recently expanded my Mythtv setup to include a couple of remote
> frontends.  Everything that should work is working with the exception of
> the mounting of NFS shares on the remote FEs at boot time.  The entries
> in FSTAB have been proven correct as issuing the command "sudo mount -a"
> in the teminal mounts the shares with no problem.  However, the shares
> do not mount at boot time.  I am of the opinion now that this is caused
> by a boot sequencing problem but have not been able to find any
> explanation of how this can be checked or how the sequencing can be
> changed.
I've seen something like this when the network setup starts late or
takes a while to get itself organised. It wasn't on a MythTV setup but
its a generic enough problem.

If think the fix is to not mount the nfs stuff, wait for the network to
settle then try mounting it.  I just looked at the Debian init scripts
and the nfs mounts are done in /etc/network/if-up.d

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au