[clug] Re: Monitors that swivel

Alex Satrapa alexsatrapa at mac.com
Fri Jun 5 00:58:06 GMT 2009

On 05/06/2009, at 10:42 , Andrew Janke wrote:

> I will add a +1 to "just get a bigger monitor" up until 1600x1200 at
> which stage you will break your neck type of argument. When I am
> writing "stuff" (research papers, etc) I too appreciate being able to
> see a whole A4 page including margins so that you can get a visual
> idea of what the page will flow like.

+1 for me too.

I write web applications for a living. For me, it's a case of having
the program, the test suite, the console, the server log, and the
reference documentation all available onscreen at the same time.

Then I go to my MacBook with its 13" screen and I start feeling
claustrophobic. When I go home to my 17" + 24" side by side, I start
to get lost in all the screen real estate.

Alex