[clug] Choice of (two) 3G modems?

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Sun Jul 12 23:30:45 MDT 2009

I have a '3' E169G, and it just worked with Network Manager on Fedora 9
(at the time), and still works with NM on F11. the ZTE has a nasty habit
of only presenting the storage side of the device (they all take mini-SD
cards so you can carry the windows software around with you) unless you
use the *exact* usb modeswitch commands.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1046813.html
show how easy it is to get it working on Ubuntu.

Just make sure you pick the right APN, the one that comes up by default
is generally the wrong one, but the right depends on the 3 plan you get
(anywhere from '3netacess' to 'internet' up to '3internetaccess')

--
--==--
Steve Walsh