[clug] Choice of (two) 3G modems?

wally at wic.net.au wally at wic.net.au
Mon Jul 13 00:58:37 MDT 2009

I have one of these as well, although through Virgin (who use the Optus
network)

I only use it on my laptop (Vista 64) so cant comment on linux right
now. (I know - I will go dual boot next month when I get a bigger HDD
and have time to suffer through the process). But happy to plug into
ubuntu tonight if you need to confirmation..

I bought it a couple of weeks ago - 5G for $34/month on plan
http://www.virginbroadband.com.au/5off

their prepaid is also great value.

Wally