[clug] Two 'development kits' - $3000 'E Ink' and $99 Wal-Wart

James Greenhalgh james.greenhalgh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 04:37:21 GMT 2009

Hi Bob,

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Robert Edwards <bob at cs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Wasn't clear from their webpage if this thing would run on 240VAC
> 50Hz, or not. Also wasn't clear if it uses powerline signalling,
> or if you need to use the Bluetooth and/or the wired Ethernet port
> for connectivity.

You can download the specifics from:
http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp

I downloaded the 'Documentation Package' ZIP from this page. There is
a lot of detailed info in 'Sheevaplug-devkit Reference Design.pdf'

As far as I can tell, the device doesn't use powerline signalling
(there's no mention of it). There isn't a bluetooth adapter, either.

It mentions on the website that the dev kit comes with a universal
power adapter. From the aforementioned PDF, "AC power requirement is
110V/220V"

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
James