[clug] Re: Exercise and pay the bills! (linux Digest, Vol 74, Issue 5, Messages 2&9) [SEC=PERSONAL]

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 01:33:37 GMT 2009

>> Though I wonder whether the human body is as efficient as a coal-fired
> power plant
>> when it comes to electricity output per kilogram of carbondioxide
> generated.

Interesting!

> about how much extra CO2 you'd generate, but only a vegan would approach

Yes a vegan would need less to get going but I think the real point is
that the industrialisation of food production as pretty much tipped
the scale in the other direction no matter how you cut it.

   http://www.energybulletin.net/node/5045

And the likes make for interesting reading.

Still I can claim that I am more efficient than a car when riding to
work if I ate some of the corn I am grow in my backyard for
breakfast...  Now I reach for the corn _flakes_ instead then I
probably should have taken the car.. :)

Still I reckon a fair amount of energy went into making the car, but
then this same energy went into the trucks/machines/cars/etc that made
the cornflakes.

As Antti said, gets far too complex far to fast.

PS: no I dont wear "shiny pants" so that is one less bit of oil. :)