[clug] mythtv : WriteAudio: buffer underrun

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sat Dec 19 14:04:02 MST 2009

Hi,
     Looking for some advise on how to verify my audio setup on MythTV
is 100% ok.
Note I've been running a Mythbox for at least 3 years on various
versions of Fedora , currently F10.

I've been struck with these alot this past few months.
but now I tried to play an audio CD using MythTV which I don't normally
do, but none-the-less it still works but the audio start pausing
outputing these msgs

WriteAudio: buffer underrun

what the heck does this mean, and how do I fix it?

any clues anyone?
Or can anyone run this test and get playback ok?

thanks
Paul