[clug] Home Firewall dedicated OS

Miloska miloska at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 08:03:39 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Ian McLeod<ianmcleod75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ~AU$70 for the cheapest version?  It looks good though.

You can give it a try for free on an x86 box. It has it's own ssh
interface, looks strange for first but it's quite powerful. There is
GUI (windows exe, works well with wine) and web interface as well for
basic configs.

http://routerboard.com/sales.html

> Still curious what will happen with my VoIP which is currently running off
> my modem if I choose this path.

MikroTik knows QoS, there should be no problem with that.

Check the wiki site for example configurations. Also they have
tiktube.com for videos (some of them are very good).