[clug] Phone / USB Modems

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 00:23:03 MDT 2009

Andrew Janke wrote:
> I can say that my Optus Huawei E220 USB dongle "just works".
>

> Getting my Three serviced Nokia E71 to work via bluetooth on a X61
> Thinkpad and a N51VF ASUS was not so easy but I did finally get it
> working. I didn't get the E71 modem working via USB for some reason,
> perhaps I didn't try hard enough.
My wife asked about the E71 as a modem as she has one and wants to use
the 1GB Three free data allowance with our shiny new Linux powered
netbook we're getting.

Very curious that you got BlueTooth working, but *not* USB?  At least it
works, which is great news.

How reliable is the BlueTooth connection and modem connection?
Difficult to set up?