[clug] Looking for a netbook (Nokia phone)

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 22:34:56 MDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 14:29, jm<jeffm at ghostgun.com> wrote:

>> What are 3G USB phone and dongle modems like in Linux?  Tempted to get one
>> of those pre-paid packs although my Three account comes with 1GB / month
>> which would be fine for me to use as a virtual desktop back home?  But I
>> doubt Nokia phones would be supported in Linux as a modem?
>
> Mobile phones which support this use an extended Hayes command set. See for
> example, http://www.activexperts.com/activcomport/at/nokia/

I can say that my Optus Huawei E220 USB dongle "just works".

Getting my Three serviced Nokia E71 to work via bluetooth on a X61
Thinkpad and a N51VF ASUS was not so easy but I did finally get it
working. I didn't get the E71 modem working via USB for some reason,
perhaps I didn't try hard enough.

--
Andrew Janke
(a.janke at gmail.com || http://a.janke.googlepages.com/)