[clug] Looking for a netbook

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:32:19 MDT 2009

well speaking of that 'sluggish when too many apps open' thing - I'm
interested in VNC'ing (or NX'ing) back to my main PC and using the
netbook as a client around the house - or even when travelling - as much
as possible - thereby offloading much processing to my home server.

With this in mind - is it possible to open multiple sessions - say for
example I have KDE running at home and I want to VNC in using IceWM or
Gnome under a different session, or just text or whatever - is this
possible? Or another user VNC in while an existing session is already
running on that PC, both using KDE or Gnome?

Or is VNC or remote desktop limited to the logged in session on the
remote server?