[clug] Remote Desktop through a MS Terminal Server Gateway

Ian McLeod ianmcleod75 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:35:12 MDT 2009

I tried installing the XP RDP client using wine - runs fine - but no
'advanced' options required to traverse a TS Gateway.  I tried copying
across the mstsc.exe file from another XP machine verified as able to
connect - to the WINE C Windows directory - and I receive an error when
trying to run it that <lang_name>/mstsc.exe.MUI file can't be found or
something.

They don't make it easy, that's for sure.

Speaking of WINE - I presume I need to be just as careful with viruses,
spyware etc when using WINE for Windows software as I would running a
Windows machine?  Or should I run WINE apps as an unprivileged user or
something?