[clug] uppdate software for navig8r M35 GPS navigation system

David Cottrill cottrill.david at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:53:59 GMT 2009

Ipaqs can run Linux (2.4 kernel) and work reasonably well. At least mine
does.The hitch is the bootloader. There are a few ways to get around it but
the best idea (to me) is to:
a) take a previous suggestion and give up
b) visit http://familiar.handhelds.org/ and
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-ipaq.html to get all the
information you'll ever need. Includes at least token GPS drivers and
software.

Note that you are pretty much screwed if it doesn't all go exactly to plan.
My plaything was bought for $40 as an all in one car computer. The concept
is still good, but I never did get around to actually making the damn thing
work the way I dreamed.
David