[clug] Head up for those thinking of Ubunty Jaunty with older ATI cards -a follow up

Ian Bardsley ifb777 at tpg.com.au
Tue Apr 28 12:57:09 GMT 2009

Just a quick follow up on this

Have this evening upgraded my notebook to Ubuntu Jaunty and was unable
to activate compositing.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/36382 explains

The solution for me was to add SKIP_CHECKS=yes to
~/.config/compiz/compiz-manager

Acer Aspire 5720

Hope this helps someone

Regards

Ian Bardsley

G'Day

Thanks Andrew

A similar problem also appears to exist with some Intel chipsets too.  I
tried the release candidate on my Acer note book with similar results.
Haven't had an opportunity to try the final release yet but will comment
agin when I have if the problem still exists.

Have a good day all

Ian Bardsley