[clug] Installfest wrap-up report

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Sun Sep 28 23:54:26 GMT 2008

Let me just say that Paul and Kate have set the bar _very_ high for
the level of organisation for future events. Get this: they provided
three waste bins: one for compost, one for recyclables and one for
general waste, each clearly labelled with what could and could not
be put in each, and they took the bins away with them!...!

This morning, I did a cursory look around and although not amazed,
was impressed to see that all the many bright orange signs (to fit
in with Software Freedom Day), even on the other side of the building,
had been removed - outstanding effort!

Someone mentioned that they provided gluten-free nibblies, but I
should add (even though I don't go for it myself) that they also
provided vegetarian (or is that vegan?...) options for the BBQ!

About the only thing that didn't seem to go right was Pauls choice
of using CentOS for the router/server/transparent proxy - took quite
a bit of prodding to get working - was that SELinux doing it's thing
or is CentOS really that hard to reconfigure?

Well done Paul and Kate (and Megan) for your organisational skills
and hard work putting it all together.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.