[clug] Installfest wrap-up report

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Mon Sep 29 03:02:10 GMT 2008

 From the receiving side of the help, thanks to all, I was basically bringing along a
friend to needed a kick start on his MythTV box, which we got most of what we wanted to
fix done.

On a side note we had some difficulties still with the IR device which is a Shuttle PN31
like this  ( http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=12432)

After messing around with irrecord I came to the conclusion this wasn't an ir device but a
  "keyboard" device must like a wireless keyboard. (I think) .. whats the difference
between an IR device and a wireless keyboard?

So another question, if I have a device how do I capture what key is pressed, I tried the
following command

hexdump -C /dev/input/event3

but couldn't make much sense of the output, and only now I should have compared it with a
dump of a "real" keyboard.