[clug] Dual ADSL modem router

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Thu Sep 25 04:31:24 GMT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Adrian wrote:

> I am looking to purchase a dual ADSL modem and router. I want two ADSL lines
> so that I can increase my upload capabilities.
..
> Are there an catches/tricks to doing this?

FWIW, I crossed this with my provider, for the same reasons you stated.

They said that *technically* they can do it, but they don't think it's
worth it.

If you have two lines into the house but they're the standard 2-pair-line,
then speed increase you get is marginal at best, they say.  I didn't ask
them why, but I'd assume crosstalk.

Let me know if you find out otherwise!

> Adrian

Yours,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.