[clug] Tomato Firmware / Linksys WRT54GL comments, caveats, cautions

Michael Hirt mhirt at netspeed.com.au
Mon Sep 1 12:03:49 GMT 2008

Ian,

I have been running the Tomato firmware (various up to 1.21) on my
WRT54G v1.3 since February without any problems.  The firmware is very
stable and very configurable, although probably not as configurable as
the likes of OpenWRT etc.

I have played with QOS a little but I have not had a lot of success.
All I managed to do was slow all of my traffic down, however I do not
know a lot about QOS so it was most likely a result of mis-
configuration.

Good luck.