[clug] [Off topic - Windows] Screen locking inhibitor

Michael Cohen scudette at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:38:40 GMT 2008

I think this bit of code works from the MSDN:

<package>
   <job id="vbs">
      <script language="VBScript">
         set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
         WshShell.Run "cmd.exe"
         WScript.Sleep 100

	 while 1
	  WScript.Sleep 100000
	  WshShell.AppActivate "cmd.exe"
	  WshShell.SendKeys " "
	 Wend

      </script>
   </job>
</package>

Put this in a file with a wsf extension and run it. Basically it
creates a new cmd.exe window and every 100 seconds it brings it to the
foreground and sends it a space. Thats enough to keep the screensaver
awake. BTW to stop it you need to kill the scripting service (it does
not have a GUI) - ctrl alt del find wscript.exe and kill it.

Michael.