[clug] Tomato Firmware / Linksys WRT54GL comments, caveats, cautions

Steve Walsh steve at nerdvana.org.au
Mon Sep 1 13:01:25 GMT 2008

Hi Ian

We ran the Kamikaze OpenWRT firmware on the WRT 54GL's we used at LCA
this year. Apart from some interesting fun and games with unsupported
options in some of the LSB--ish apps that caught us out, they were
pretty good and damn stable. To give you an idea, the WRT we got up on
Sunday night at Trinity college supported 62 users (~40 of those were
simultaneously) and passed roughly 1.5Gb of traffic in 9 hours.

Steve

--
--==--
Steve Walsh