[clug] Anyone used or seen the Asus Eeepc yet?

Neill Cox neill.cox at ingenious.com.au
Thu Jun 26 12:37:08 GMT 2008

I'm using a 701 as well.

Initially I ran the supplied Xandros based distro, but have recently moved
across to Ubuntu.  Did wait a while because of concerns in getting my 3
connection working under it, but it turned out to be relatively
straightforward.

I still have a few rough edges to smooth out, but I actually am happier
running Ubuntu than I was with the factory installed software.  Mainly
because it's now easier for me to install a few dev tools to play with.

Battery life is my biggest issue too. It actually seems a little bteer under
Ubuntu, but this may be imaginary.  I don't have any data to backit up.

Screen is definitely small and the keyboard is a little awkward, but quite
usable.

Anyway highly recommended, I'm very happy with mine .

Cheers,
Neill