[clug] Anyone used or seen the Asus Eeepc yet?

Ben Chaplin wombat at chapmac.com
Thu Jun 26 14:32:51 GMT 2008

I'm also using a 701.  I stuck with the Xandros mostly out of my
laziness to install anything else.  Out of the box it works
fantastically as a netbook/subnotebook.  If you want a small
unpowerful laptop rather than portable internet device, another distro
is for you.

Screen isn't the easiest to deal with but it's not much of an issue.
Keyboard is tiny but very forgiving of button mashing.

I'd like built in bluetooth so much that I will install my own soon: http://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index.php/Eee_PC_Internal_Upgrades#Bluetooth

Battery life is a problem.  Don't expect more than a couple of hours
off charge.

I absolutely love mine.  $355 well spent.

Cheers,
Ben