[clug] Anyone used or seen the Asus Eeepc yet?

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Thu Jun 26 11:04:31 GMT 2008

Hi John and all.

I have been using one of the 701s since xmas...

Its very good, I have stuck with the Xandros OS,
though I did play with the EeePC Xubuntu dist booting from a SD.

I also have a 3 wireless broadband package running on it.Uses the
Huawei E220 USB modem. (One of the reasons I have stuck
with the Xandros OS is the cool Network Wizard that
allowed me to set the wireless broadband up in about 20 seconds.

I works well and even with the fact its been banging
around in my back pack with no problems since I got it,
its durability impresses me.

Biggest drawback so far is the battery life. If you get one, I
suggest adding the larger capacity battery.

It is very versatile and there is already a good support
community out there. www.eeeuser.com has a cool wiki and a
half decent forum.

Randall.