[clug] Maximum Partition Size

Jason Stokes glasper9 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 24 07:43:39 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 14:43 +0200, Neil Talbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would anyone know what is the maximum partition size that samba can
> mount?
>
> I have configured a Redhat Linux 4 box to mount a 10,8 TB partition but
> it can only see just under 2 TB. I do not know if the problem is with
> Samba or Redhat.

Are you mounting this partition locally or remotely?  If locally, there
are a few hard limits you might be running into.  2 TB is one of the
NTFS volume size limits, if that's any help.  I think it's the limit if
you format your NTFS partition with a 512 byte cluster size. It's also
the maximum partition size that partitioning schemes using the Master
Boot Record format support.