[clug] Maximum Partition Size

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Tue Jul 22 13:07:44 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 02:43:28PM +0200, Neil Talbot wrote:
> I have configured a Redhat Linux 4 box to mount a 10,8 TB partition but
> it can only see just under 2 TB. I do not know if the problem is with
> Samba or Redhat.
What is the partition, is it local or is it the remote samba share you
are mounting?  Also where are you "seeing" this 2TB?

Currently I cannot tell what is the client and what is the server. Samba
should be ok with 10 TB, generally speaking.  Also use cifs and not
smbfs to mount the remote share, if that's what you are using. smbfs has
a lot more limitiations that cifs.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au