[clug] Fit for purpose?

Pilcher, Fred Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au
Fri Jul 4 01:47:21 GMT 2008

I just thought I'd share this with you...

Abiout a month ago a colleague of mine bought a nice desktop system from
Dell which came, of course, with Vista. She was complaining to me about
how awful it was, so I suggested that she call Dell to see whether she
could "downgrade" to XP. She did, but they said that they couldn't do
that for her. Long story short, she told them that she wanted her money
back and, afer some negotiation, they agreed to pick it up and refund
her money.

I wonder how often this kind of thing is happening.

Cheers,

Fred