[clug] S.M.A.R.T message for hd failure

Ian Matters ian at matters.id.au
Thu Jan 31 10:38:55 GMT 2008

Hi Joshua.

I recently had a burst of these on a Ubuntu 6.06.1 LTS server and like
you thought that it was time to panic.

Having replaced the complete machine with a new one I later went back
to the one which had been reporting SMART errors only to find that no
errors were being reported.  Possibly it is a problem of incorrect
reporting as you suggest.  I haven't had time to delve into it further
at this stage.

Cheers,
Ian Matters

T: (02) 6258 3079 [+61 2 6258 3079]