[clug] Free to good home : old laptop and SCSI cd-rom in Canberra

James Cherryh jcherryh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 05:31:10 GMT 2008

More cleaning up taking place.

1997 Compaq Armada 1540D laptop. Specs here :
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Compaq_Armada_1540D__5377097 . Fitted with maxed out
80MB ram. 2 Gb disk. Works fine EXCEPT keyboard is a bit dodgy; I plug in an
external.  Currently running a text install of Ubuntu 7.10. But I have to
warn you - it's not fast. Really.

Also, for collectors, a SCSI cd-rom drive :-)

Free for pickup from Palmerston. Last stop before the great recycler in the
sky for these.

Although, frankly, in an era where the Asus eeePC is selling for $500-odd at
Officeworks, and they have brand new 'standard' laptops for $550 or so, this
old Armada probably isn't worth the petrol to pick it up. But you just never
know what people like to collect.

Cheers
James