[clug] Re: reviving BarCampCanberra

Stephen Collins trib at acidlabs.org
Tue Jan 22 08:56:23 GMT 2008

Pascal

On Jan 22, 2008 11:57 AM, Simon Pascal Klein <4pascal at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> To add to all the awesome stuff planned this year, I was thinking of
> resurrecting the thought of BarCampCanberra which we wanted to run last
> year, postponed and ultimately never went ahead with.

Thanks a bunch for prodding us on this one.  I think it's critical
this year that we get a BarCamp happening in Canberra.  I have had
word from several of the Sydney folks that they'd definitely come down
for the day.

Hosting it at the ANU or UCan strikes me as the ideal location.  Have
you contacted UCan?

UTS does a great job in Sydney and it earns them a heap of social
capital among the Sydney tech community.  I only hope that the local
academic community can be so forthcoming with venue and network
access.  The venue and bandwidth should definitely be provided in the
spirit of the BarCamp movement, which is to say, free as in beer.

As I said last year, I'd be happy to contribute funding towards the
day.  I can probably go as high as $500, but would prefer to go
somewhat lighter with contributions from others.

We should probably CC this and your original mail to other tech
companies around Canberra and out to our communities across the 'Net.
Perhaps your email should be a post on the blog (Andrew, is that you)?

Let's do it!

Steve
--
Stephen Collins

www.acidlabs.org
+61 410 680722

acidlabs - strategies, tools and processes to empower knowledge workers