[clug] reviving BarCampCanberra

Simon Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 22 00:57:54 GMT 2008

Hey all,

To add to all the awesome stuff planned this year, I was thinking of
resurrecting the thought of BarCampCanberra which we wanted to run last
year, postponed and ultimately never went ahead with.

We have a wiki page on the barcamp.org website[1] which has most of the
info, contacts and some digital swag. There is also a blog[2], courtesy
of acidlabs.

Most importantly though, we need a venue and funding! The natural
thought was the ANU, being central, close to other venues, places that
serve vittles and libations of many yummy drinks. I think given we're
Canberra, two rooms/streams would easily suffice to make this happen; is
there such a place in the ANU that are close to each other (preferably
right beside one another)? This set-up worked extremely well for
BarCampSydney 0.1 which had roughly 60-100 people (if I recall
correctly)

Further details:

Venue: idea is the ANU... discuss?

Time: start mid-morning - 10:00-12:00, lunch, resume at 01:00-05:00
followed by a final group session for an hour or so with thanks, some
panel discussions mayhaps. Dinners and pub excursion could also follow
but as everything else, quite open!

Cost: preferably nothing - this requires sponsorship especially if we
want to get tees as well.

Topics and format of discussion: completely open! If you're unfamiliar
with the concept of an 'unconference' or a BarCamp check out the
Wikipedia pages[3][4].

If anyone wants to contact me directly feel free to give me a buzz on
0404 223 699. Ta.

-Pascal

1 http://barcamp.org/BarCampCanberra
2 http://barcampcanberra.org/blog/