[clug] Move PSIG?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 01:19:46 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Jan 10, 2008 10:04 PM, Chris Smart <chris at kororaa.org> wrote:
> Does anyone else agree? Or am I being stingy?

IANAP, and have therefore never attended one of these meetings, but on
the question of being 'stingy' --

I'm guessing there'd be a mix of well-paid software
developers/sysadmins and poor, emaciated uni
students/volunteers/tech-hobos/cloaks-and-swords-in-haig-park-types
interested in these things.

I have no idea whether or not the early bird special you mentioned is
good bang for buck, but in my books, the $cost mentioned probably does
put the former group in the 'stingy' category. Maybe the latter groups
could just 'brown bag' it.

What next, lining up at the soup kitchen for a cup of unidentifiable
slop before slipping into an alley off Garema Place to huddle around a
fire in an old drum, swapping code written in tomato sauce on used
napkins retrieved from a nearby hopper?

cheers,
Dale

PS: can't you all somehow claim this as a business-related expense?
PPS: everybody loves schnitzel
PPPS: this was supposed to be vaguely amusing