[clug] Fedora gdm & upgrade problem

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Tue Feb 26 07:40:42 GMT 2008

> I have fedora 5 on a machine.  The Gnome initialisation fails. I suspect a
> corrupt file. I thought upgrading to fedora 8 would get
> around the problem, but alas no. The installation gets to checking
> dependencies and stops at 27 %
>
> Any suggestions

I put Fedora 8 on a partition and find its dependency checking lacking if
the number of dependancies  to be checked is too large, it just stalls.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have been able to do upgrades by
restarting the process, and sometimes restarting again.

Also if there is a large number of upgrades required, doing them in dribs
and drabs seems to work.

I don't intend to use RH-8 as a main machine for the above reason as well
as a couple of other niggling things.

> http://150.101.125.30/images <----- Doesn't work

Owen
Owen