[clug] Networking problem in Ubuntu Feisty

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Mon Oct 8 22:49:32 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:32:49AM +1000, Andrew Janke wrote:
> You havent changed cards/copied that install from somewhere else or
> the likes?  I once had this sort of thing and traced it down to (i
> think) HAL getting in the way and writing wierd /etc/iftab entries.
> (linking MAC addresses to ethx devices).
Some versions of HAL or discover used to randomly assign eth0 and eth1.
You could write some config file to nail them but boy it was annoying.
It's fixed now but don't be surprised if things move around.

Actually now I think about it, it may of been udevd that did it.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
http://www.enc.com.au/                             csmall at : enc.com.au