[clug] Networking problem in Ubuntu Feisty

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 22:32:49 GMT 2007

> Thanks, but no joy I'm afraid. Even if I add lines to
> /etc/network/interfaces to  cover  eth1 as well as eth0. As when I do it
> manually, eth0 gets that 'resource unavailable' error and eth1 claims not to
> exist.
>
> I can't help but feel I must be missing the bleedin' obvious here, but
> blowed if I know what it is.

You havent changed cards/copied that install from somewhere else or
the likes?  I once had this sort of thing and traced it down to (i
think) HAL getting in the way and writing wierd /etc/iftab entries.
(linking MAC addresses to ethx devices).

At least I think it is called /etc/iftab, it was a long time ago... :)