[clug] Networking problem in Ubuntu Feisty

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 21:50:18 GMT 2007

On 10/8/07, Carlo Hämäläinen <carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had something similar happen with my Debian/testing install a few
> months ago on my T40 laptop. Somewhat regularly, from a cold boot,
> eth0 wouldn't work. Running "ifup -a" did the trick but "ifup eth0" or
> "ifup eth1" didn't work. I never quite worked where the eth1 device
> came from given that I only had eth0 defined in /etc/network*.

Thanks, but no joy I'm afraid. Even if I add lines to
/etc/network/interfaces to  cover  eth1 as well as eth0. As when I do it
manually, eth0 gets that 'resource unavailable' error and eth1 claims not to
exist.

I can't help but feel I must be missing the bleedin' obvious here, but
blowed if I know what it is.

--
MC