[clug] Samba help

Mike J astro_mikel at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:45:57 GMT 2007

This isn't really a fix more of a workaround.....but.

Can't u just make a user that doesn't have write access to the share, use a
login script (or however ur doing it) to connect to the share with those
credentials behind the scenes.
Then create a user with write access and let them know user/pass or make a
different login script passing those details?

Just a thought....make not be what ur after though.

cheers

michael.