[clug] Samba help

Chris Smart chris at kororaa.org
Wed Mar 28 02:12:07 GMT 2007

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply.

I tried this before, however when security was set to 'share' it ignored
the username and password that I 'forced' it to connect with. But
setting this back to 'user' will let me connect with another username
and try your suggestion.

I didn't want to do it this way originally because I didn't want it
popping up and having to type in usernames and passwords. However your
suggestion of adding it to the login script made me realise I could set
the username with 'net use' and then it shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks! :)

So that'll do for now, unless someone has a 'proper way' of doing it.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Chris