[clug] Poor PPPd performance

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Mon Mar 12 00:12:45 GMT 2007

Can you reproduce the ARM setup in a PC and run tcpdump on the PPP interfaces?

It can be inportant that software always reads as much as it can from a socket
before writing to it. Otherwise the receiver can get starved of buffers. The
remote sender may time out and resend in this case, or it may simply measure a
lengthy round-trip time.

Cheers ... Duncan.