[clug] Photo viewers?

Adam Thomas adam at babylon.alphacomplex.org
Wed Jun 20 04:41:59 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 10:53:57AM +1000, Robert Edwards wrote:

> The KDE screensaver kslideshow is a lot more feature-rich (in the
> way that I want) so would be a better starting place, but I cannot
> seem to make KDE (3.5.2 - in Feisty) behave the way I want in terms
> of powersaving (or not, in this case). KDE keeps trying to invoke
> DPMS after a while (like 20 minutes) even though I have disabled
> DPMS in my Xorg configuration - and so the screensaver just stops
> (no more animation/changing images). If I install kde-guidance to
> control the monitor settings, the screensaver doesn't run at all.

We have a machine at work which we use as a status display for our
servers which just runs an xserver and firefox. Even after turning of
DBMS in xorg I have to manually set screen-saver control options using
xset otherwise the screen will 'blank' after a timeout. I'm not sure
if this will help given that you want the screen saver to run but you
don't want the screen to 'blank'.

I have this in the .xsession file:
xset s noblank
xset s noexpose