[clug] Photo viewers?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Jun 21 05:31:33 GMT 2007

Thanks for that tip, Adam. I eventually managed (through a process of
much muddling around) to get:
xset -display :0 dpms 0 0 0
to work and the display now works more or less as I wanted it to:
  - random selection from the photo directory (symlinks to actual JPGs)
  - random cross-fade effects
  - works persistently (for hours)
  - resizes images to fill display

So it is all good. I now have a diskless (network booting) box running
Feisty (Ubuntu 7.04) with the KDE screensaver kslideshow kicking in
after 2 minutes of inactivity. Takes a little less than 4 minutes from
power-on to photo slideshow.

Happy to demo it at a CLUG meeting, if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.