[clug] openoffice 2.2 (2.2.1) and fonts

jim watson jim at amarooas.com.au
Thu Jun 14 22:20:21 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 07:08 +1000, Tomasz Ciolek wrote:
> Peter,
>
> thats not what I ment.
>
> What I ment is that while openoffice 2.0 and 2.1 picked up existance of
> fons installed on my system (helvetica, times, etc.) as part of the xorg
> install, while openoffice 2.2.1 does not. As a result I _do not have_ some
> of the fonts to choose from to set in the default .ott file.
>
> :(
>
> Of course I could be mistaken and it could be that openoffice 2.0 and
> 2.1 shipped with those fonts in the install bundle somewhere, but it
> does not look like it...
>
> Anyways, thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers
> Tomasz

Tomasz,

do you use e.g a debian distribution package or download from
www.openoffice.org?

The upstream pacakge has a command available that will allow some fonts
to be added: OOo/program/spadmin

You could try that anyway, but the various distributions might handle
fonts their own ways so it may be a distributors issue.

Also there is different desktop integration for kde and gnome, which of
those do you use? Do the relevant fonts show up in the Desktop -
Preferences - Fonts list?

Also there is new a quickstarter - small icon in the top panel - you
could try and see if that is quit and restart there.

jim