[clug] openoffice 2.2 (2.2.1) and fonts

Tomasz Ciolek tmc at vandradlabs.com.au
Thu Jun 14 21:08:28 GMT 2007

Peter,

thats not what I ment.

What I ment is that while openoffice 2.0 and 2.1 picked up existance of
fons installed on my system (helvetica, times, etc.) as part of the xorg
install, while openoffice 2.2.1 does not. As a result I _do not have_ some
of the fonts to choose from to set in the default .ott file.

:(

Of course I could be mistaken and it could be that openoffice 2.0 and
2.1 shipped with those fonts in the install bundle somewhere, but it
does not look like it...

Anyways, thanks for your help.

Cheers
Tomasz

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 12:18:57AM +1000, Peter Anderson wrote:
> *Tomasz,
>
> I change the fonts in my personal version of "normal.ott" (you can see
> some bad habbits from the past creeping in here) and then make
> normal.ott the default template for OOo Writer.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Regards,
> Peter
> *
> --
>
> Peter Anderson
>
> E: peter.anderson at internode.on.net
> W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/
> <http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
> P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
> M: +61 (0)418 249 648
>
> There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
> conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
> introduction of a new order of things ? Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
> Prince/, ch. 6
> --

Tomasz M. Ciolek
 tmc at vandradlabs dot com dot au