[clug] Re: [SLUG] 2. Re: photo/graphics processing SIG anyone? (Matthew Hannigan)

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 10:54:13 GMT 2007

Pascal,

I'm very interested in a FOSS imaging SIG. I admit that I have trouble
getting to SIGs other than CLUG, but that's just my personal
circumstances.

To a degree, I wish that PSIG, PySIG and ImageSIG could all just use
CLUG for their stuff, but I appreciate that some people don't enjoy
the wider picture.

I'd happily go to a JavaSIG, a PERLSIG, a SysAdminSIG, a SAMBASIG, a
DistroSIG, a MythSIG, an EmbeddedSIG, a 'TronicsSIG, and a
history-and-philosophy-of-computing-SIG.

And very likely almost any computing SIG that someone suggests.

So in general I'd love to see all of these happen at CLUG, but that's
a selfish thing because I usually try to move heaven and earth to get
to CLUG.

At heart, I think I'd love to see the imaging SIG coming along to CLUG
and enlivening the monthly meetings with imaging stuff. Anyone who has
seen Andy Fitzsimon talk graphics at LCA will know that beauty and
free software go hand in hand.

--
MC