[clug] Installing Linux

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Thu Aug 23 04:38:59 GMT 2007

On 23/08/2007, at 13:51 , Andrew Janke wrote:

> Why they didn't just put their time into helping with the original
> upstream distros (Debian) I have no idea. Takes all types I guess.

I'm not sure why, but I'm suddenly reminded of a guy at a place I
used to work who - upon being told that a major change to a complex
web interface would take a few weeks - just stated, "but isn't it all
just a collection of web pages?"

Perhaps the Automatix people decided that the way to eat an elephant
was to do it one step at a time. Step 1 being "place elephant on
fire". Step 2 being "cope with damage caused by terrified, rampaging
elephant" ...

Alex