[clug] Installing Linux

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Mon Aug 27 02:39:46 GMT 2007

Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I suspect that in time they will iron out the bugs. Mind you by then
> the major distros will have it sorted anyhow.  Why they didn't just
> put their time into helping with the original upstream distros
> (Debian) I have no idea. Takes all types I guess.

Mostly because Debian doesn't accept patent encumbered, DMCA violating
or non-redistributable software at all, and doesn't put much effort into
redistributable non-free software either.

There are good reasons why the software in Automatix isn't already in
the distributions it targets, and those reasons do not include lack of
effort.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au