[clug] CLUG site

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Tue Sep 12 01:16:41 GMT 2006

> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 08:27:12 +1000
> From: Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com>
> Subject: Re: [clug] CLUG site
> To: Pascal Klein <4pascal at tpg.com.au>
> Cc: linux at lists.samba.org

> > [...]
>
> Pascal,
>         Can you make it to the PSIG meeting this week?  That would be
> an ideal time to get all the interested parties together and form a
> plan.

I should be there. :)

> Yours Tony
>
>    linux.conf.au       http://linux.conf.au/ ||
> http://lca2007.linux.org.au/
>    Jan 15-20 2007      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!

---

> Message: 10
> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:39:44 +1000
> From: Alex Satrapa <grail at goldweb.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [clug] CLUG site
> To: linux at lists.samba.org
>
> On 12 Sep 2006, at 00:49, Pascal Klein wrote:
>
> > Throw on a wordpress blog -> 10 minutes of editing
>
> That's Wordpress spelt, "pwnt".
>
> Make sure you find someone willing to dedicate all the time that's
> needed to monitor the Wordpress site for security updates, and has
> weekends free to restore from backups when the site gets vandalised/
> cracked/comment spam.

I run a wordpress blog at klepas.org and journal.klepas.org - running
Akismet has thus far only let about 6 spam comments past which then
ended in the moderation queue. Authors with once-approved comments have
no trouble posting again and once I mark a spammer who made it into the
moderation queue as spam, Akismet now knows about it and that spammer
can't spam on other WP blog again either. :)

> It may just be a comment on the people I've seen running them in the
> past, but I can't remember a site that I was aware was running
> Wordpress that wasn't at some stage vandalised to become a
> propaganda
> site for some Turkish political movement, or being used as a link
> spam site to boost the Google ranking for someone's c1al15/V1 at gra
> shop.

So yea, I can look after the blog as well and update it when Steve posts
the information about the meeting on the mailing list (though then it
might make sense to organise it earlier. I'd be happy to help out with
that too.

> Alex

-Pascal