[clug] and now the working version

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Wed Nov 29 01:29:32 GMT 2006

On 29 Nov 2006, at 11:50, clug at apex.net.au wrote:

> in short, 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' created a config file which
> detected the mouse, but failed in other aspects (odd server failure
> errors which I remember not)
> 'X -configure' created a config which failed to find the mouse, but
> got
> everything else! (and which generated the log Dale sent :)
>
> Manually merged working bits of each and it's happy now. :)

Don't forget to send this feedback (with the two generated and the
one hand-tuned config files) back to the maintainers of both
packages. Otherwise this story will be needlessly repeated over and
over again, and no doubt we'll be seeing it on CNet as yet another
reason not to switch from Mac OS X to Linux any time soon...

Alex