[clug] Apache 2 htpasswd port 8000

Mike J astro_mikel at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 10 12:08:08 GMT 2006

Ok,

I have an apache web server (2.0.49) with a similar layout to this:

default-server.conf
Alias /web1 "/srv/www/public"

etc....there are three or so of these
They work fine and i have set a password on one of those aliases.

But i have installed another application that runs from port 8000, there is
no restriction on this and the apache config wasn't modified for this to
work.
So I was wandering if i can set some sort of password when a user tries to
go to http://localhost:8000/

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Cheers.

meehal