[clug] Financial Accounting software

Andrew Smith andrew at coolchilli.com
Fri Jun 9 02:19:28 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Following the corruption of my MYOB data file and the cursing and swearing that
goes with proprietary Windows apps (at least $150 to have it fixed!), I
remembered that this damn program (and it's ~$400 annual tax) is the only reason
I have a Windows desktop in my office.

Do any of you good people use accounting software under Linux?  If so, how easy
is it to use and setup?  I'm only after a basic replacement for MYOB, so
handling payroll and gst as well as the usual invoice things would be good.

I realise I can google up some answers, but I'd really like some feedback from
Australian tax payers.

Thanks
Andrew