[clug] QtParted with Knoppix

Jsparksaa at cs.com Jsparksaa at cs.com
Tue Jan 17 04:52:24 GMT 2006

All,

  This weekend, I upgraded (?) to Suse 10.0 and I partitioned the disk as follows:

 - the root partition is reiser

 - I then used LVM to create filesystems for home, opt, srv, tmp, usr and a share space.  LVM (and reiser) will let me grow these filesystems but, if i recall correctly, will not let me shrink them.

 I am running a simple home network with 3 PC's, and I am not sure how well LVM is suggested for the real world.  I also have to admit the I administer an AIX machine and I am not extremely knowledgeble in linux.

 I think I remember reading in the suse docs, that reiser (used without LVM) does not allow resizing.

Jim